Spike lee 1619 shirt

Lee was wearing a black hat and a hooded sweatshirt, both emblazoned with “1619,” the year which he said “the first slaves were brought to this country, Jamestown, Virginia.“I think that a lot of people need to know this. Because this is part of American history, which is not all good,” Lee said. “You know, I think that when I was in public school in Brooklyn, New York, I was not told George Washington owned slaves. I was told that he chopped down the cherry tree and wouldn’t tell a lie. In 1492, this guy, this terrorist sailed the ocean blue.

He also spoke about his belief that the coronavirus gave us an opportunity to clean up our planet because “the Earth was angry at us,” and discussed the conspiracy theories in the African-American communities, and said “this disparity in health is criminal.”

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Aunt jemima t-shirt

Post Maloneliness is killing me shirt